Welfare Rights Money Advice Service
The aim of the Welfare Rights Money Advice Service is to support participants on Clackmannanshire Council’s employability programmes (eg. Fair Start Scotland) to enable them to better manage their money and to remove financial barriers to their participation in the labour market.
We provide money and welfare benefits advice & support up to and including Type III and give one-to-one support to allow participants to improve their knowledge, skills and understanding of how to manage their money and avoid debt.
Practical examples of our activities include:
- Enabling participants to understand the implications on their household income of taking up employment or training opportunities (in-work calculation).
- Providing money and benefits advice (up to and including Type III) to participants to help them maximise their incomes.
- Providing debt counselling to participants to help them manage their debts including dealing with creditors and bankruptcy options.
- Providing advice on sanctions.
- Providing help with appeals procedures where required.
- Helping prepare participants for medical assessments where required.
This project is funded by the local council and is only accessible by referral via Clacks Works.