Here at Clackmannanshire CAB we currently have two specialised housing projects.
The remit of this project is to prevent homelessness by assisting Council tenants who have rent arrears. We provide assistance for council tenants to manage their debts and maximise their income. This project will offer Council tenants a comprehensive debt advice service. Which includes arranging payment of arrears, both rent & council tax, renegotiating other debts e.g. bankruptcy applications, informal & formal payment arrangements such as the debt arrangement scheme & trust deeds. We can also provide representation in court for tenants facing eviction.
Hames (Housing Advice and Mediation Service)
With speical thanks to SafeDeposits Scotland Trust who kindly provided the funding to deliver this project.
This project has twin aims that supporst both tenants and landlords to understand their rights and responsibilies.
We can give you advice on all aspects of renting in the private sector
· We can assist you to maximise your income and offer free debt advice
· We can help you resolve issues through our landlord mediation service
· We can assist if you are facing unlawful eviction or harassment
· We can give you advice on all aspects of letting within the private sector
· We can assist your tenant's to maximise their income
· We can help you resolve issues through our free mediation service
· We can assist you to establish your legal rights and obligations
· You could join our landlord forum to share best practice
If you would like more infomation on any of the above projects please contact us.